Wicker Wins Family Research Council Award
‘True Blue’ Award Recognizes Miss. Senator’s 100 Percent Pro-Life, Pro-Family Record
February 28, 2019
WASHINGTON - U.S. Senator Roger Wicker, R-Miss., today received the Family Research Council (FRC) Action “True Blue” Award in recognition of his unwavering support of family-focused policies.
“I am honored to accept this award, which recognizes my support for conservative, pro-life, and pro-family policies in the U.S. Senate,” Wicker said. “I appreciate the Family Research Council’s efforts to promote legislation that puts families first.”
FRC Action awards legislators who consistently support pro-life and pro-family issues. Wicker scored 100% on the group’s most recent scorecard, which covered votes in the second session of the 115th Congress.
Key Senate votes on the scorecard included:
- Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act
- Amendment to Stop Funding for Planned Parenthood
- Nomination of Brett Kavanaugh to be a Justice on the Supreme Court of the United States
- Amendment to Defund the D.C. Healthcare Individual Mandate
- Nomination of Sam Brownback to be Ambassador-at-Large for International Religious Freedom
- Nomination of Russell Vought to be Deputy Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Nomination of Kyle Duncan to be a Circuit Judge for the United State Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- Nomination of Director Mike Pompeo to be Secretary of State
For more information about FRC Action’s scorecard, click here.