Nov 30 2017
Senate Proposal Wins Praise From Job Creators
WASHINGTON – U.S. Senator Roger Wicker, R-Miss., yesterday participated in a tax reform press conference with members of the Senate, Small Business Administration (SBA) Administrator Linda McMahon, Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council President & CEO Karen Kerrigan, and small business owners and American workers. The press event highlighted the benefits of tax reform, which is expected to create jobs and promote economic growth.
During the press conference, Wicker said:
“We don’t have a lot of bipartisan agreements, but we do have a bipartisan agreement that small business drives this economy and what is good for small business is good for this economy. We … are here to tell you that this tax bill we hope to advance on to the conference committee tonight or early tomorrow is going to be good for job creation and good for small business.”
Tonight, the Senate is expected to vote on a series of amendments to the tax reform proposal.
Other participants at today’s press conference included:
- Senator Roy Blunt, R-S.D.
- Senator Mitch McConnell, R-Ky.
- Senator Shelley Moore Capito, R-W.Va.
- Linda McMahon, SBA Administrator
- Karen Kerrigan, President and CEO, Small Business and Entrepreneurship Council
- Alan Keck, President, Somerset Recycling, Somerset, Ky.
- Matthew Ryan Fisher, Your Hobby Place, Martinsburg, W.Va.
- Chico Evans, Store Manager, Home Depot, Washington, D.C.